
Happiness. I want that. The type of happiness that you felt when you were a kid on a carefree summer day and you hear the ice cream man's cheerful little tune coming down the street and you can't wait to get your hands on some chocolaty goodness or flavorful popsicle! The type of happiness you get when you've had a "blah" kind of day and a friend makes you feel better just by saying "I love you." Looking at pictures of good recipes and food like my cheesecake recipe book ;) (even though I don't have the time or the means to cook/bake them it is still worth it). Or the feelings you get while reading a good book like Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupéry (so amazing!) or from Happiness is a Warm Puppy by Charles Schultz. Peanuts is seriously one of my favorites. It epitomizes happiness to me. Every time I read his book or one of the comic strips, or even watch one of the movies I feel all warm and fuzzy inside (yes I just said that, but I can't think of anything else to describe it). Peanuts is so perfect because it's so simple, and yet those are the things that bring happiness to me: family, friends, a warm puppy (a.k.a. charlie!) There are so many forms of happiness, but imagine it lasting for ETERNITY! That's almost indescribable! I get little glimpses of eternal happiness every once in a while, but it lasts only for a few minutes or seconds even. Lately it's been happening more frequently, which is good because it keeps me on track, it motivates me to try harder and improve the areas that need improving in my life. It makes me long for, in eager anticipation, for the times in my future when I can partake of this happiness longer than a few seconds and for, well . . . eternity! So right now that's my goal. Pretty lofty goal, huh?
3 comments:
i loved our discussion of this.
can't WAIT for eternal happiness. soooo amazing.
Ah! I just love this.
We are so lucky to have the hope about the future that we do. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I'm capable of achieving eternal happiness! Yay for the gospel :)
it's so true! and you really will find it. happiness is family! as ridiculously happy as i am now, i can't even imagine the happiness i will feel after this life. especially since we can all be together! YAY!!!
Post a Comment