Saturday, December 5, 2009

renew



{this is an egypt sunset. special thanks to muniji}

"Be productive today . . .We'll sure miss you though. Just remember that."

I did remember. All day. Thank you.
I sure missed you too.
I also remembered to be productive.

RS Breakfast. Amish Oatmeal. Delish. Full.

Texts with Bre: I chose project and spiritual enlightenment. Not marathon. You be safe in that storm, my dear.

Errands:
Arts & Crafts. Cardstock, brushes, paints.
*Rich colors of denim blue, dark foliage green, straw yellow, chocolate cherry, seashell white, and my favorite plumb vineyard.
What creations may result. I want to enjoy the process.
Target /tar-ʒeI/ Reminders of childhood trips with mom. Love. Contact solution, body wash, bread, asparagus. Needed.

Jams to N'SYNC Christmas. It's a wonderful feeling, feel the love in the room from the floor to the ceiling.

Phone call. Give mom updates while rushing to campus . . .

Group Project.
Took forever. Still not satisfied.
Enough said.

Need nourishment. Physical and spiritual.
Thank you leftovers.
Thank you Spiritual Enlightenment. {Best decision, by far}.

"Who's influencing you & what are you influencing?"

Three things:
1. Know who you are. Discover how Heavenly Father feels about YOU. This will change your life. It will change how happy you can be {you are one of the "noble and great ones" D&C 138:55}.
2. Learn about the Atonement. Know what your Savior can do for you. He stands ready to help you with your weaknesses. He will help you deal with things bigger than you are.
3. Learn the language of the spirit. Ask him to teach you what it feels like and sounds like to you. Purity in thoughts, actions, desires, motives--these can determine how you receive revelation. Learn to block out the noise and rubbish & listen to the spirit. Try to be a little more pure.

*There is no chance Heavenly Father would take a chance on sending you to earth unless he had absolute confidence in your ability.

Thanks Sheri Dew and thanks Audrey for inviting me.
She's so real. A real woman with honesty. I'm beginning to learn how much I love it when people are straight-up. Straightforward without being overbearing. Humility. I'm working on it myself.

I've been searching for truth. Wanting more than just to feel the spirit, but to receive guidance in knowing what exactly I need to do. Tonight I learned that I must make some effort. I can't expect a straight-up answer if I am not willing to put in the work.

It's time to learn how to live--without inhibition {as Claire said} and with total confidence that my Savior will help me deal with the things that are bigger than I am. Time for new opportunities--chances to seize the moment and progress!

I begin a new journal tomorrow.
What new adventures await?

3 comments:

Jim Urban said...

Kendra, I love your thinking. Being on your own and at college has brought the best version of you. There is even better to come. I love you and am excited to have the entire family and you here for Christmas soon. Love, Dad

Claire said...

Holy!
Eating pbj's, people- and snow-watching, knees bent and seated on a hard floor.
You and me, one hour ago.
Your weekend stories were beautiful from your mouth,
but Kendra!
I needed this post.
Right now.
Today.
Thank you so much.
I'll tell you about what it motivated me to do later...(for I still need to step forward and do it).

Unknown said...

Good luck on your finals. Can't wait to see you. Love, G'ma