i saw a dragonfly today.
i almost stepped on him.
he was big and beautiful;
the size of my palm with
a shimmering blue-green coat.
i almost didn't even see him.
i was a little distracted
as i was headed for my favorite bench,
but i saw him and . . .
he was dying. laying face-up on the hot pavement.
his legs twitching as he searched for his last breath.
it was a little heartbreaking.
i'd like to think he was an experienced dragonfly
with a long, love-filled life.
it was just his time.
we are all given time.
time to live and learn.
some are given more than others, but
. . .
11.10.09, 2:13 PM
where was I going with that?
who knows, it was over 2 months ago.
lately i've been feeling like that dragonfly:
lying face-up for all the world to look at,
twitching, searching for one last breath.
it's been hard.
i love dieter.
p.s. i went here this weekend with some fantastic friends!i bought one of these:
{photo via}
5 comments:
i like when you write poetry-ish.
at first, i read that word as diet-er...as in someone who diets. or something.
and then i watched it and realized it was in fact dieter, someone who i too love.
kendra, you are great! i am going to give you a hug in english tomorrow because i think you're wonderful.
just letting you know in advance. :)
I like this
I like this, it seems silly to write, I hope you feel better if you're not sick, but I hope you don't feel like that dying dragonfly.
and I loved those earrings, I wanted some, but they're perfect for you
Kenj. You are the best, and no one can tell that you are twitching, you are going strong. I love you a lot.
Post a Comment