Wednesday, November 2, 2011

gratitude

Hey blogging world, remember me? Just in case you were worried, I am still alive and thriving.

Welcome November! My favorite season just so happens to be Fall. I can't get enough of the vivid colors and crisp, rich air. My heart yearns for the crunch of the leaves under my shoes or a nice fall walk where I can breath in deeply the woody earth. Fall means wearing cute sweaters and cardigans, love! I came home today from work to my sidewalk spilled over with these little leaves, each with their own unique speckles and veins. You better believe I already have my annual leaf collection started. :)



Lately my life has consisted of some great things like teaching the cutest 2nd graders I know of. It's hard work, like really hard, but I love it and I'm learning from them every day. It's amazing how much my heart has expanded to make room for these 24 little kiddos and it's growing bigger every day. I am so lucky to go to work every day at this amazing school where I have so much support. Gratitude is what I get to feel everyday because I get to mold these little minds and help them grow for the rest of the school year. And geez, I have the funniest kids! I've heard almost everything, even the proper way to romance a girl which is made complete with a boat ride to watch the stars and the dolphins.

Sometimes my kids are bursting with something to tell me and they just cannot wait! Often it is during transition times when I have to get something ready for the next lesson, so I started keeping a jar on my desk where they can write me a note when I don't have time to hear what they want to tell me. Here is a cute little note I got once:



I could talk about teaching and my kids for hours and hours, so any time you'd like to hear some funny stories, I'd be willing to share.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Kendra dear, you're BACK! I've missed hearing your sweet voice through your written words. I also miss being with you in person. I hope you had a lovely Halloween! I'm free to talk whenever you are! I would love to hear some more deets about your city life.

Jim Urban said...

I love the note. This tells me the kids love and respect you. Fun times fun place. Such a great time in your life to be in SLC. Do you visit Temple Square much?