This is my journal. Oh how I love it! I can't tell you the amount of time I have spent writing my thoughts and impressions, pouring out my soul onto its wonderful pages! In order for me to keep my sanity through my busy schedule, I have to make time for just me and my journal; it's a time to do my best soul searching and life planning. I have kept up a consistent journal since high school where I have tried to write something of worth every day. You could say that my journal is a metaphor for my life. In high school I used to write about every single detail of my day: what I did with my best friends, what I wore, and what gifts I got for Christmas, etc. These things were so big and important at the time, but have now become obsolete and materialistic. Overtime I have honed my journal writing skills as I realize what things are truly important to me. Those are the things I write about. As I have experienced life and matured, my journal has been right there with me. Within its pages you can find my current moods, my deepest desires, my favorite things, clippings and handouts of inspirational quotes, Chinese fortunes, my church notes, my gratitude towards others and spiritual impressions--anything and everything that I find brings me joy.
In this picture you can also see my favorite pen. You have to have a good pen when writing in your journal. Make it your own! Find what makes you happy.

This is obviously a picture of the mountains (You can see the Y if you look close!). I took this picture last year with my Holga Camera. This photo represents my love for nature. I like to think that during the creation I had some part in helping plan forests, trees, mountains, the smell of blossoms, etc. all things beautiful in nature because more than anything, I find my self wanting to soak up the sounds and smells of the outdoors. If I had the choice, I would sit outside all day under the shade of a tree just thinking (Gosh I'm just a romantic at heart). I often find that I feel more at peace after a stressful day and more connected to my Heavenly Father when I spend time outside even just for several minutes. Sometimes it's all I need to pull me back to reality.

This picture of my beautiful family hangs on the wall near my bed. My family is such a part of me that I can't imagine life with out them. They are my life and my best friends and I am so excited to live with them eternally! I can think of specific things that I have learned from the examples of each member of my family that have allowed me to grow and that have made me to the person I am today. Even though we don't all live in the same state or talk everyday, we know the deep love that we have for each other and are always there to lift and care for one another.
4 comments:
yay a kendra post!
i love that picture of your family, i've never seen it!!
i miss you. i want to see you more.
Kendra, This is the best post I love it. Journaling is the best and you make the family special. There was a big void last weekend. You are a light to many people. Love, Dad.
I am glad for your homework assignment. I love you and think of you often. My best thoughts for the challenges you will have this year. Love!!!!!!
I refuse to accept that this was a one time thing. I love when you write.
It makes my whole day better.
Don't stop.
Post a Comment