
It seems to be all weather these days.
The downy flakes fall in heaps, but don't stick to the wet ground. I look down at my once pink moccasins that have turned a shade of gray. Hood falls over my eyes. "It is too big," I say. I take off my mitten and the biting cold stings a bit, but I am all warmth.
I can feel the stillness around me. The air is densely thick with anticipation and curiosity, but also a bit of uncertainty.
It has been for months now.
Can you hear the solitary breathing? It goes in and out. It gets heavier as I walk faster.
I pass by many people lost in their own thoughts and I am alone.
What is tomorrow's forecast? I wonder.
It's ready to change.
CHANGE.
One year. Three hundred and sixty five days, give or take a few.
It has brought me here. To this place.
Can you believe it?!
I am stronger. More capable, but . . .
was it enough? Do they know? Is it almost done?
2 comments:
has it really been a year? since you know what? since the day that me and ellen and camille knew and watched your face as bishop m asked you to accept and then we all ran to ellen's room to talk about it secretly? i hope that is what you are talking about.
gosh i love you. and i miss you a lot. where have you been?
kendra, kendra, kendra,
i feel this change business.
i want to chat with you.
i miss you!
let's do lunch sometime?
love love love,
alicia
Post a Comment